CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FROM CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SPECIALISTS FOR THE DIPLOMA IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME
The Malawi Institute of Journalism (MIJ) is an organization registered as a Trust. MIJ was established in 1995 to improve the quality of journalism in Malawi. It has two main departments; Media Training and Broadcasting. MIJ has tremendously contributed to media professionalism in the country through its training. In the quest to achieve one of its strategic objectives of offering professional programmes that meet the needs of the industry and contribute to the realization of the Malawi Vision 2063, MIJ is set to introduce a Diploma in Project Management programme. To facilitate the process, MIJ would like to engage the services of a Curriculum Development Specialist (s)
- Objective of the Consultancy
The Curriculum Development Specialist(s) shall take up the role and facilitate the process of developing the curriculum for the diploma in project management programme by considering the following:
- Needs and situational analysis.
- Setting goals and objectives of the programme.
- Coordinate course organization.
- Coordinate the selection and preparation of materials.
- Conduct evaluation.
2.1 Specific Tasks
The Curriculum Development Specialist(s) will work closely with Management in discharging the following tasks:
- Conduct desk review for the diploma programme.
- Develop a curriculum that meets the needs of the industry.
- Facilitate internal and external review of the developed curriculum.
- Align the curriculum to local and international standards.
- Final curriculum for the diploma programme.
- Facilitated a workshop for the review of the developed curriculum.
- Final report for the curriculum development process
- Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
The Curriculum Development Specialist(s) should have:
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Development Studies, Community Development or any other related qualification;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of project management;
- In-depth knowledge of the minimum requirements of operations for a tertiary institution as required by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE);
- Proven track record of training curricula development and/or working on developing or reviewing tertiary education-related programmes;
- Proven ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and stimulate an environment that fosters innovation for curriculum development and training provision;
- Excellent written and spoken English skills and sound report-writing skills;
- Ability to contribute to and comfortably work in a small or large group setting;
- Ability to work independently with strict timelines.
5.0 Engagement Duration
The contract shall span for five months and can be extended depending on agreement with Management.
6.0 Method of Submission
Interested individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their applications not later than Tuesday, 7th February, 2023 to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Journalism
P.O. Box 30165
Applications should contain a motivation letter, copy of certificates as well as CV detailing capability and experience in curriculum development for a tertiary education programme.
MIJ is an equal opportunities employer therefore females and those who are abled differently and meet the above requirement are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.