In a quest to deliver its Journalism Degree programme, Malawi Institute of Journalism, a leading Training Institution, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position of PART-TIME LECTURER IN LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION.
Purpose of the job
The Part-time Lecturers will assist the Media Training Department in ensuring high quality delivery of training courses to our students under the supervision of the Media Training Manager.
Ability to train and mentor students in subjects offered by the Institute in Language and Communication.
- Excellent time management, planning, organisational and lesson delivery skills.
- An experienced mentor with the ability to provide insight on the real-life career of a journalist to students taking up the journalism career to a degree level.
- Energetic and innovative but able to operate within set rules and guidelines.
- Have a clean record regarding sexual exploitation and abuse.
Key responsibilities of the Lecturer shall, among others be:
- Impart required skills in students pursuing a degree in Journalism in a professional manner.
- Developing incentives to keep students in class.
- Evaluating individual students’ performance through class assignments, marking examination scripts, supervision of projects and submission of grades within agreed deadlines.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in Education majoring English or Chichewa Language from an accredited institution with a minimum of three years of verifiable work experience. Those with additional qualifications will have an added advantage
The Institute shall offer a competitive package with an attractive package commensurate with qualifications, experience and suitability.
How to apply
Applications, including a detailed CV with at least three (3) traceable referees and copies of relevant qualifications should be sent not later than13th May 2022 to:
The Executive Director
Malawi Institute of Journalism
P O Box 30165
Only shortlisted and acknowledged candidates shall be invited for interviews.
MIJ is an equal opportunities employer and does not tolerate any form of sexual exploitation and abuse.